Why I'm Okay with School

I'm a strange teenager. I like golf. I like my teachers. But most of all, I love to learn. I enjoy it because I love to know that I'm furthering myself, that I'm being productive. That is why I have a bunch of skills I probably don't use. I know how to code a terrible website, I know how to become a powerful business owner (I don't want to own a business), and finally, I keep up with the news. But most importantly: I like school.

Yes. Yes I like school. I don't like getting up early, and I don't like most of the people at school. But I like the knowledge I get. I mean, I kind of have to like knowledge, because I do want to become an English major. I want to have a bright future- to do something different than everyone else- and one of the key steps of getting there is knowledge. That is why I value it so much: it makes me follow my dreams.

You know when you get done with a really good book, and you just feel full? Like not "I ate to much" full but, you know you just did something, and completed it. You feel fuzzy and warm inside your head. Like cotton, but it's a good feeling, not at bad one. That's what happens to me anytime I learn something new. I feel good, and I can't describe the feeling very well (I tried but it didn't really work). All I can tell you is that I feel full after I learn something new and I love it.

Another reason I love school: It's a privilege to go to school. School is one of the most hated things in America, and that sucks. It should be appreciated. School is preparing you on how to live your life. I know you've heard it before: "people in less fortunate countries would kill to go to school". Yes, that's true, but I know that there is a couple of people in the United States that would kill to go to school. Heck, there are people in my small town Missouri who are "homeschooled" but I have no doubt they do about 30 min. max of schooling each day- not even that. They might love that now, because their friends complain about school, but in the future they will see the what they missed out on. In most decent paying jobs, you need at least a high school degree, and how's that gonna happen when you haven't gotten past the third grade?  And it's not the child's fault, no, it's the parent. But that is a whole different post that I will never get around to writing.

And yes, at school there are challenges (read my Being Me when it's Weird post to see how I am true to myself at school) but challenges are a part of life. And as I said before: " School is preparing you on how to live your life.". It's all connecting now. So school, every aspect of it (even pe) is helping you become a better person.

That's why I'm okay with school. Do like school? Do you hate school? Leave me a comment below, I respond to all comments. Okay, bye, type to you later!


Comments