Looking Through the Lens of Life

We all compare ourselves to others. It's just human nature. Most of the time, when we compare ourselves, we are looking at all the perfect things someone else does. When we do this, we only see the bad things that we do. We never even try to see any good. I do this. I do it with blogging, I do it with school, I do it with singing. I do it all the time. The problem is that it is a subconscious thing we do. It's like we're all looking through a lens that is clouded with everything wrong with us.

I feel like in life there are three different types of lenses that we can choose from: the negative lens (there is no good in the world), the positive (there is no wrong in the world), and the life lens (where we see the world how it truly is). In my life, I feel like I switch between the negative lens and the positive lens all the time. There is no in between, and I want to change that.

I would define the "life lens" is seeing the world how it truly is. This "lens" lets us (or just me if you disagree) make decisions with more accuracy because we aren't blinded by over-negativity or over-positivity. It helps us form real, true opinions: ones that, if challenged, we can support and we don't have to get all defensive, we can stay calm, cool, and collected. When someone makes fun of my views, I automatically switch into the "negative lens": I get all defensive and try to use bias opinions in the place of hard evidence, and it just doesn't work. On the flip side, I can easily switch to the "positive lens" where I just don't care. I don't stand up for what I think is right, I let other's mean words slip by, and while it's good they don't affect me, I still need to stand up for what I think is right.

Now, another thing: all of our "lenses" look different. My "life lens" may be totally different from yours. And that's okay. We all view life differently, I personally think that there is a God  (I'm a Christian), while you may believe aliens put us here because mars could no longer support life. WE ALL VIEW LIFE DIFFERENTLY! So, what you see as crazy might just be my reality. That's just my lens of life (bring it ake to the title).

It is hard to try to switch our lens to the "life lens", especially if we are wearing the "negative lens". When we look at things in a positive way, it is easy it to switch into a more realistic view because we can add a couple of negative aspects to our view, it's just our nature to look for the negatives- but don't go overboard. When we look things in a negative light, it is hard to find the positives because we are wired to just focus on the negatives and make them better. But we can't make anything better if we don't see positive things that we can use a goal to get better. If everything is positive, we are just blatantly ignoring the things that need to be fixed, because there will always be something that needs to be fixed. That is where the "life lens comes in. It's an equal mixture of both the "positive lens" and the "negative lens", so we see things in the perfect light (though nothing is perfect and we will always lean one way or the other).

Tell me down below what "lens" your always looking out of. Also, follow me on Bloglovin' (button on sidebar) and subscribe to the blog to know when I post (one the top header of the blog). Okay, Bye! Type to you later!

Comments