Finding Courage to do the Small Things


When I find something that makes me happy, like blogging, I put my all into it. Most things I do aren't scary. Making my favorite snack, going to the movies with friends, etc. I've alway been the type of person that once I find my "social routine" I stick to it. I don't go anywhere before my friends get there, I only go to a friend's house when I have quadruple check that it's okay, and I never, never, never tell a friend that they are doing something wrong. But recently I've been getting out social comfort zone, and going for activities that would otherwise make me uncomfortable. Once I did do everything that I was previously uncomfortable with, I figured out how I found the courage to do the small things:


Knowing that I'm Beautiful No Matter What 
I was always the girl wearing a t-shirt and some skinny jeans to school- nothing else. But recently, I've been stepping out of my comfort zone. I have been wearing cute autumnal sweaters, a flannel, and a good ol' crusty (but stylish) band t-shirt. This might not seem like a big deal to you, but to me doing something different with my style was a big step. People knew me as Sara with the great personality, I never wanted to make my identity by my clothes because I thought "what if I do something wrong" "No one will like me if my clothes look stupid". But now I've realized that no matter what I wear, I AM BEAUTIFUL. I have a wonderful personality and face (lol) and anyone who doesn't like me because of what I wear isn't worth my precious time.


Knowing that it's Okay for Me to Stand Up for Others
Whenever my friends are being made fun of, I always tell the person who is being rude to stop. But I've only recently gotten the courage to tell of anyone who is being rude to people I don't really know that well. This is a feat that I have been trying to do for years now. It's okay to get a dirty look or two. It's okay to not be liked by everyone who's ever existed. And that, my friends has given me courage to go after the small things.


Knowing that it's Okay to Fail
I know that I will fail. That thought used to terrify me, now though, I have accepted that fact. I have failed in many things. When I do fail, I make sure to know what I did wrong, and try to do better next time. Notice how I next time. Because when I fail, I always try again. I've had to make that a rule for myself, or I wouldn't do it. Knowing that I will most likely fail gives me courage because I won't have to fear failure: I expect it.

Finding courage for the small things is something that has taken a while, but I'm happy that I have succeeded in this fabulous journey.

Thanks for reading this small post, and I hoped it helped! Follow me on bloglovin' (button on sidebar) and subscribe to this blog (at the top of my blog). Type to you later!




Comments